Problems with Phylip tree plotting

Ed Rybicki ed at MOLBIOL.UCT.AC.ZA
Mon Apr 21 02:54:47 EST 1997

> From:          cgovaert at (Cedric Govaerts)
> Subject:       Problems with Phylip tree plotting

> I'm aligning sequences with ClustlW and want to get the guiding tree plotted.
> For this purpose, I create a "Phylip" tree with ClustalW and then
> put it in drawgram, a Phylip program accessible in GCG8.

Why use PHYLIP?  Try TreeView: takes in DND files as well as Phylip
Tree files, and works very well - and under Win and Mac.

                     Ed Rybicki, PhD
      Dept Microbiology     |   ed at
   University of Cape Town  | rybicki at
   Private Bag, Rondebosch  |  phone: x27-21-650-3265
      7700, South Africa    |   fax: x27-21-689 7573
    WWW URL:
    "Out here on the perimeter, there are no stars..."