Thorsten Burmester burmeste at
Fri Apr 25 10:00:32 EST 1997

In article (Dans l¹article)
< at>,
morgan_a at (Andrew Morgan) wrote (écrivait) :

> Does anyone have information regarding Bauplanes or Bauplans. This is an
> old term which I am finding hard to research. Any information would be
> greatly appreciated.

"Bauplan" is German and can be literally translated as "achitect's plan".
Although it sounds a litte old-fashioned, this phrase is still in use,
especially in developmental biology. The actually meaning is something
similar to the "general outline of an organism", but with some more
emphasis on the general "idea" behind that than on the actual "blueprint".

Hope that helps.

Salut, Thorsten

Thorsten Burmester  ---  burmeste at (preferred)
                      or tburmest at