ClustalX beta testers needed

Francois JEANMOUGIN pingouin at crystal.u-strasbg.fr
Sat Feb 1 14:55:46 EST 1997

	Hi all,

	We are pleased to announce the beta version of the GUI for
ClustalW. We need your help and comments about bugs and menu
organisation.
	This is based on the NCBI tool kit. Currently, binaries are
available for Mac(PPC), Sun (Solaris2.5), SGI (IRIX5.3). The sources are
also available for those who have the NCBI toolkit installed, and
want to compile it with dynamic libraries.
	If anyone can compile it on other platforms, please send us
the binaries in order to make it available.
	anonymous ftp at :
	ftp-igbmc.u-strasbg.fr in /pub/ClustalX

	New features :
	You can now select a range of the alignment and realign this
part of the alignement, with a new tree.
	You can also select some sequences and realign them to the others
(the new part is that it's easy, now...).

	Known bugs :
	Hmmmm... Well, there seem to be some bugs more or less related to
the NCBI tool kit.
	Rapid scrolling on SGI can make your sequence overlap
(for big alignments). A new scroll should refresh the display.
	Also, the window can't be resized (for now).

				Waiting for your feed-back,
						Julie, Toby and	Francois.
--
Francois Jeanmougin
Service de bioinformatique / bioinformatics service
e-mail : jeanmougin at igbmc.u-strasbg.fr
"C'est pas parcequ'on monte au banc, qu'il faut descendre a jeun." (Thiefaine)