evolution:phylogenesis as mirror of ontogenesis?

Wayne Stalder w.stalder at student.murdoch.edu.au
Mon Feb 3 21:06:08 EST 1997

Hi Sarah
	Sorry I missed the preceding comment and questions however I
gather your concerned with the evolution of mammals and birds, I 'm not up
to speed on the mammals but the bird evolution debate is in full flight at
the momment (excuse the pun).In the last few years there have been fossil
finds in China and Korea the place bird like reptiles in the jurasic. For
your intrest read "Nature" issue377 1995 'Abeaked bird from the Jurasic'
by Hou, Zhou, Martin and Fedducia. Aslo a good general text on evolution
is "Evolution" by Mark Ridley, Blackwell Science Press
	Regards Wayne
	Biology Student
	Murdoch University
	Western Australia