de novo biosynthesis of AMP

TFarnon tfarnon at aol.com
Thu Feb 6 23:47:39 EST 1997

Garrett and Grisham (1995.  Biochemistry, p. 872) mention that "nearly all
organisms" can synthesize purine and pyrimidine nucleotides de novo.
Rooting through my other texts, I could find no information on the
organisms which are exceptions to this.  If anyone knows which organisms
do NOT have de novo biosynthesis of nucleotides, I would very much
appreciate information on same.  Just the name of the organism (Genus) and
one citation will be more than enough to permit me to spend many enjoyable
hours in the library.

Thank you in advance,

TFarnon at aol.com (L. Miller)