CHIHW / Re: analysis questions

Dmitri Zaykin zaykin at statgen.ncsu.edu
Fri Feb 7 21:59:53 EST 1997

I ran Maureen's data. The correct p-value for a test should be zero
for X2, and for both D-s. The problem, which I fixed long time ago, is
provoked by the large number of alleles relative to the 2*N (total
number of genes), although I did not know about that effect of the bug
on p-values for the conditional X2. The version on

 ftp://brooks.statgen.ncsu.edu/pub/zaykin/chihw.exe

is a correct one (it is a self-extracting archive). I could've sent a
few buggy copies to people before.

Below is a test sample (34 alleles) that should give a 0 probability
for the conditional X2, and probabilities smaller than 0.01 for both
D, and abs(D). A buggy one will report p-value for Cond_X2 around
90%. If you are using a buggy CHIHW, please ftp the correct one, or
email me and I will send you a copy.

ON:7  Is:3   Tj:6  Fu:8
ob:1  lI:1   jd:3  dq:7
Mi:2  UN:9   Jr:6  rT:1