Confused

Matt Fraser mattf+ at pitt.edu
Wed Feb 12 00:37:00 EST 1997

Hey All,

I am a little confused over the lack of response to The Paleo Ring.
Unfortunately, just after the time that I first posted my announcement
about it, The Webring organization had some server problems.  So, if you
tried it out or tried to submit your URL, it wouldn't work.  Also, some
might not be able to use the submission form.  You can email me the
information directly in lieu of using the form.

I'm also worried about confusion as to the nature of the ring.  It is
merely a way for similar themed Websites to have yet another link.  These
Webrings are extremely popular for other themes (they get lots of traffic)
and this Webring is actually ground breaking as the first Science theme in
existence.  But so far, I only have my page, the Paleo Ring Home Page, the
web page of my Co-editor of PaleoNews, a nice page devoted to Richard
Dawkins. There is also one in the queue that has yet to add the HTML code
for the machinery.

Which leads to another concern.  If you don't like the image that I chose
(it's a photo of the type specimen of T. rex), then I am open to
suggestions for other images to be used.  If you don't want to use images,
then the text links are OK. I just thought the images looked pretty nice.

Anyway, if you have a website or even a page, that largely devoted to and
promotes paleontology, paleoanthropology, prehistoric archeology, the
evolution of behavior or evolutionary biology in general, why not join?

*Please, if someone has some insights, I'd appreciate a private email on
the matter.*

Thanks,

Matt

The Paleo Ring
http://www.pitt.edu/~mattf/PaleoRing.html

Matt Fraser                               "The Real World is very
                                            complex and chaotic,
mattf+ at pitt.edu                         so that, in order to survive,
                                   humans find it necessary to construct
                                           an illusion of reality."