analysis of cytoplasmic diversity

Jan Aagaard aagaard at fsl.orst.edu
Mon Feb 17 14:50:55 EST 1997

Hello All.  I'm a grad student working on population genetics of forest trees,
specifically comparing nuclear and cytoplasmic (mitochondrial) diversity.
Recently I've been weighing the pros and cons of analyzing my cytoplasmic
markers (diversity, population differentiation) using allele frequencies
(i.e., multiple mitochondrial loci) -vs- haplotype frequencies (i.e., all
markers a single locus).

Does anyone have any comments/suggestions on using either method, and
specifically in comparisons with nuclear diversity and population
differentiation?

Thanks much!

Jan Erik Aagaard
Dept. of Forest Science