Conflicting molecular tree topologies? - examples?

Volker Knoop volker.knoop at biologie.uni-ulm.de
Wed Feb 26 13:56:18 EST 1997

Hi, out there.
Anybody having good examples for conflicting tree topologies obtained
with two different molecular data sets for a similar set of taxa?
We are in the situation that we obtain different trees with 18S rRNA and
a mitochondrial protein encoding gene (with and without ists intron) at
a special grouping position for a set of land plants.
Any pointers to references reporting similar things or useful comments
appreciated

VK

Volker Knoop     (volker.knoop at biologie.uni-ulm.de)
Allgemeine Botanik, Universitaet Ulm, 89069 Ulm, Germany (Letters)
Address: M24, Albert-Einstein-Allee 11, 89081 Ulm
Tel +49-731-502-2615, Lab -2616, Fax -2626
http://www.biologie.uni-ulm.de/bio2/knoop/knoop.html