Jurassic park lecture

Volker Knoop volker.knoop at biologie.uni-ulm.de
Wed Feb 26 13:51:34 EST 1997

Maarten van Roosmalen wrote:
> 'Could you search the internet for more information on ancient
> DNA sequencing and retrieving DNA from insects captured in amber?'
> He has to give a small lecture to a group of people who are going
> to watch the movie 'Jurrassic Park' after that......
> Is there someone who can give me (references to) information
> about real research done on ancient DNA sequencing, in particular
> of dino's or extinct animals/insects?

Put  - "Raul Cano" - into the ALTAVISTA search window.
He had a Science paper some two years ago about bacteria in insect guts
that were entrapped in amber and revitalized them.
You`ll find lots of related sites on the web searching simply for his
name (put it in apostrophes).

Greetings

Volker Knoop     (volker.knoop at biologie.uni-ulm.de)
Allgemeine Botanik, Universitaet Ulm, 89069 Ulm, Germany (Letters)
Address: M24, Albert-Einstein-Allee 11, 89081 Ulm
Tel +49-731-502-2615, Lab -2616, Fax -2626
http://www.biologie.uni-ulm.de/bio2/knoop/knoop.html