Sequence editor that can delete columns?

Francis Durst francis.durst at
Thu Feb 27 13:14:19 EST 1997

In article <3314A3F7.1C33 at> ac562 at (Robert J. Forster) writes:
>From: ac562 at (Robert J. Forster)
>Subject: Sequence editor that can delete columns?
>Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 15:58:34 -0500

>I have quite a few alignments of 16S rRNA sequences from which I would
>like to delete a highly variable region before analysis.  I have used
>ClustalX and Seqpup on a mac to produce the alignments. When I select a
>block of sequences in seqpup and then hit the Edit clear or cut
For those using a PC and Windows, there is Genedoc

which does this and more.

Dr. Francis Durst CNRS / Universite Louis Pasteur
Dept Cell. Mol. Enzymology
Plant Mol. Biol. Inst.
F-67083 Strasbourg, France