Sequence editor that can delete columns?

Don Gilbert gilbertd at bio.indiana.edu
Thu Feb 27 09:11:51 EST 1997

Robert,

SeqPup should do what you want - but the column or
selection cut/clear is something I haven't yet found the
time to finish debugging.  Also on the horizon with seqpup
is the ability to use masks to specify what bases to analyze
and which to ignore.  With an appropriate mask, you can do the
kind of analysis you want w/o need to remove the bases from
the data file.  You can specify masks now, and they persist
(are saved in data), but I haven't yet solved problems in
using such a mask selection for an analysis subset.

I looking for funding to let me spend more time on seqpup
development.  Assuming that isn't forthcoming, updates to
seqpup will continue, but at the usual slow rate.  Also
planned is conversion to the java language, which I am
convinced now will help solve a large class of problems related
to memory and pointer use, and make its cross-platform
functioning somewhat less finicky.

- Don
-- d.gilbert--biocomputing--indiana u--bloomington--gilbertd at bio.indiana.edu