can dNAP become DNA?

David Hagerberg mik_daha at luecology.ecol.lu.sexx
Thu Jul 31 12:54:42 EST 1997

tal wrote:

> is it possible that
>
> H3PO4 + deoxie Ribose --> deoxie mono Phosphate Ribose
>
> will happen spontaneously?
>
> or that oligoNucletid will generate spontaneously from deoxie
> Nucleotide Mono Phosphate (dNMP)?
> Both these reactions need energy. I think that normally is the
equilibrium of these reactions very far to the left, but there will be
some spontaneously oligoribosides or -nucleotides. The problem with using
deoxy ribose is that there are still two possibilities of making a
oligoriboside. You will need energy and/or high concentrations of
phosphate, deoxy ribose or dNMP to rise spontaneous chains.

Best Regards