134 seqence-allignement

Kim Scheuringer kim at sbox.tu-graz.ac.at
Wed Jun 4 14:12:16 EST 1997

I try to achieve a phylogenetic tree of 134 seqences. Now, I use the gcg
program pileup to allign and seqvu to visualize my results. The problem I
have is that my seqences are of different lengh (means lots of gaps) and
the second thing is that seqvu crashes down with more of 112 seqences at
the import-procedure. That means there are two questions:

1. Are there some more programs like gcg-pileup to reconfirm the
pileup-result due the gaps?

2. What can I do to load more than 112 files to seqvu or are there better
programs?

Thank you for your help

Kim Scheuringer