134 seqence-allignement

Kim Scheuringer kim at sbox.tu-graz.ac.at
Wed Jun 4 14:12:16 EST 1997

I try to achieve a phylogenetic tree of 134 seqences. Now, I use the gcg
program pileup to allign and seqvu to visualize my results. The problem I
have is that my seqences are of different lengh (means lots of gaps) and
the second thing is that seqvu crashes down with more of 112 seqences at
the import-procedure. That means there are two questions:

1. Are there some more programs like gcg-pileup to reconfirm the
pileup-result due the gaps?

2. What can I do to load more than 112 files to seqvu or are there better

Thank you for your help

Kim Scheuringer
Student at the University of Graz and the Technical University of Graz
8010 Graz Rueckertgasse 11, Austria Europe
2500 Baden Am Flachhard 2, Austria Europe