134 seqence-allignement

Francois JEANMOUGIN pingouin at crystal.u-strasbg.fr
Thu Jun 5 03:42:55 EST 1997

In article <5n4emg$dvd at fstgal00.tu-graz.ac.at>,
	kim at sbox.tu-graz.ac.at (Kim Scheuringer) writes:
[...]
> 1. Are there some more programs like gcg-pileup to reconfirm the
> pileup-result due the gaps?

	Yep... Try ClustalX (now version 1.5b) for all systems. It will
show you exceptions and bad aligned segments. Also, it can make better
alignments than PileUp (well, it should). Also, for such big alignment,
I advise you to use the Unix version, but it depends of the computers
you have access.
	ClustalX is at:
	ftp://ftp-igbmc.u-strasbg.fr/ClustalX

	If you (or anyone else) have any problem with the programme,
send me a mail. We can see what's happening.

[...]

					Hope this helps,

							Francois.
--
Francois Jeanmougin     | groupe de bioinformatique / bioinformatics groupe
tel:(+33) 3 88 65 32 71 | IGBMC BP 163 67404 Illkirch France
e-mail : jeanmougin at igbmc.u-strasbg.fr
"C'est pas parcequ'on monte au banc, qu'il faut descendre a jeun."(Thiefaine)