good sequnece alignment editor

Arthur Schuessler schueslr at sun0.urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Sun Mar 2 13:48:31 EST 1997

Arthur Schuessler wrote:

> Dear "sequence aligners",
> I want to recommend a DNA/RNA and protein alignment editor.

SORRY!!
there happened a little mistake in the align-programm I recommended,
which will surprise non-german speakers...
THE SETUP PROCEDURE (3 small dialog boxes) IS IN GERMAN!
Has been overlooked and will be changed with the next upload.

But if you like to try it :
during the installation the following dialog boxes appear:

Box 1:
- only tells you that you should close all other applications before
installing the program (that's usual). That's because if there are
system files in use problems occur.
Dialog: "ok" = ok / "setup beenden" = cancel setup

Box 2:
- gives you the opportunity to select a directory where the program is
installed.
1. Dialog: "ok" = ok / "Verzeichnis wechseln" = change directory
if you "change directory" you come into a file manager (change directory
simply by clicking) and there is another dialog:
2. Dialog: "ok" = ok / "Abbrechen" = cancel
- with ok you come back to last dialog box. There you have to click on
the icon with the computer to do the installation (top left)! (the
german text says that you have to click on the computer icon to install
the software in the desired directory)

Box 3:
tells you that the installation was succesful and there is only an ok.

Sorry for the german, it will take some weeks until the next uploads
occur, so you can try it with the upper "translation" if you like.
If there are more questions (very unlikely) you can also contact me.

The program itself is copletely in english, of course.
Best wishes,
Arthur