M13 gene III primers

Hans-Peter Mühlbach muehlbach at botanik.uni-hamburg.de
Wed Mar 5 18:48:37 EST 1997

Hello,

I have the following question:
Does anybody know something more about the M13 gene III repeat primers,
which are often used in DNA fingerprinting of repeat regions in animal,
plant and bacteria. I am interested in any information about the occuring
of these sequence especially in plant research. Furthermore i would be
interested in the concrete function of this gene III of M13, it is always
reffered as coat protein, is there any more detailed information ?

My request is a bit urgent, because i found this sequence in infected
plants, which is the first description as far as i know !

Thanks Dr. Frank Hartung

Please send replies to fb6a026 at botanik.uni-hamburg.de