Francois JEANMOUGIN pingouin at
Thu Mar 20 02:21:02 EST 1997

In article <33303E8E.5C83 at>,
	Brian Foley <btf at> writes:
> Dear Sequencers,
> 	Yesterday I tried the UNIX (Solaris) version of
> SEQUIN, from the NCBI FTP site.  I was a bit frustrated in
> my first attempts at using it.  It had a problem redrawing
> graphical scrrens.
> 	Today I downloaded the Mac version onto a POWER Mac
> and it works great.  I am not enough of a programmer to
> know why the screen redrawing routines in the software
> perform so much better on one platform vs. the other.
	Are you sure you were testing the same version. On our
Sparc/Solaris, I never notice such troubles. Just try to reinstall
the new sequin on the sun (compiling with dynamic libraries from
the NCBItk could help). This should really work fine.

Francois Jeanmougin
Service de bioinformatique / bioinformatics service
IGBMC BP 163 67404 Illkirch France
tel :(France) 03 88 65 32 71 / (international) (+33) 3 88 65 32 71
e-mail : jeanmougin at
C'est pas parcequ'on monte au banc, qu'il faut descendre a jeun (Thiefaine)