SEQUIN

Francois JEANMOUGIN pingouin at crystal.u-strasbg.fr
Thu Mar 20 02:21:02 EST 1997

In article <33303E8E.5C83 at t10.lanl.gov>,
	Brian Foley <btf at t10.lanl.gov> writes:
> Dear Sequencers,
>
> 	Yesterday I tried the UNIX (Solaris) version of
> SEQUIN, from the NCBI FTP site.  I was a bit frustrated in
> my first attempts at using it.  It had a problem redrawing
> graphical scrrens.
> 	Today I downloaded the Mac version onto a POWER Mac
> and it works great.  I am not enough of a programmer to
> know why the screen redrawing routines in the software
> perform so much better on one platform vs. the other.
[...]
	Are you sure you were testing the same version. On our
Sparc/Solaris, I never notice such troubles. Just try to reinstall
the new sequin on the sun (compiling with dynamic libraries from
the NCBItk could help). This should really work fine.

							Francois.

--
Francois Jeanmougin
Service de bioinformatique / bioinformatics service
e-mail : jeanmougin at igbmc.u-strasbg.fr
C'est pas parcequ'on monte au banc, qu'il faut descendre a jeun (Thiefaine)