Yeast and bacteria O2/CO2 Respirometer

JanCzek janczek at aol.com
Thu Mar 27 17:22:05 EST 1997

We developed very sensitive O2/CO2 Respirometer ( Micro_Oxymax) which can
monitor oxygen consumption of yeast, food, bacteria cultures, oxidation of
milk at
the levels of 0.2 uL O2/hour. It was also  used to measure respiration of
zebra mussels, water plants, respiration of seeds,insects, vegetables,
olive
fruits and cherries. It was also used to test bacteria growth in fruit
juices
and in testing bioremediation rate  of oil spills ( Exxon Valdez). 1 to 80
samples can be tested simultaneously over minutes or monthsin air or
modified atmosphere. Respirometer can be supplemented with CH4, H2S, H2
and NH3analyzers . Principle of measurement is in the measuring head space
gas exchanges by externally located gaseous vary sensitive analyzers
(0.001%). If you are interested in receiving more information drop me a
note  and I will send you instrument description and application notes
including published papers on its applications.
Jan Czekajewski
Columbus Instruments
Columbus, Ohio, USA
e-mail : janczek at aol.com