Calveria Tree <etc.> Apologies to Scott Erb

Stinger Stinger at nabalu.flas.ufl.edu
Thu Mar 27 00:00:52 EST 1997

Bryan Ford has just informed me that I misattributed Mr.Nichols post to
Mr. Erb. My apologies to both.  I also may not have made clear that I
consider Mr. Nichols argument sounds to me like another unfortunate and
pathetic creationism spam.  There is clearly no basis for "disproving"
(falsifying) "evolution" in it even if it were a factual representation
of the natural history of Sideroxylon sessiliflorum, which it isn't. In
fact I agree with the many who have pointed out that it actually
supports a descent with modification through natural selection paradigm,
especially when the actual facts of the situation are taken into
consideration. Mr. Nichols would be better off to concentrate on some of
the megacarpic trees of South America (Janzen et al's extinct
Gomphethere sp? theory) if there were even a shred of possibility in
this paradigm for elucidating an area of natural selection theory that
requires clarification.

Stinger Guala