Time to change the newsgroup name?

Francois JEANMOUGIN pingouin at crystal.u-strasbg.fr
Thu May 1 07:39:01 EST 1997

In article <5k9qoq$22h at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>,
	James McInerney <J.McInerney at nhm.ac.uk> writes:
> Dear all,
>
> I think the time is ripe again to have a discussion about our newsgroup
> name.  The last time we mentioned this subject was about last July. [...]

> bionet.molbio.phylogeny
[...]
> What does everybody else think?

	I suggested this to Joe last year, because I'm already losing
lot of tiome on news, and when I go in such of my favorite newsgroup,
I'm a little bit disapointed that the only messages available are not
about molecular biology of evolution, but religion (and from some who
clearly didn't read a good traduction of the bible...).

	So, I'm always agree with this (also, I think that lot
of good contributors of this group are away because of the bad
rate in signal/noise). Another soution could be a moderator...

						Francois.
--
Francois Jeanmougin
Service de bioinformatique / bioinformatics service
e-mail : jeanmougin at igbmc.u-strasbg.fr
"C'est pas parcequ'on monte au banc, qu'il faut descendre a jeun." (Thiefaine)