fast-evolving markers in prokaryotes

Diane R. Stothard, Ph.D. dstothar at mdep.iupui.edu
Fri May 2 14:43:56 EST 1997

Hi again,

Unfortunately, I forgot that my e-mail address has changed, so if any of
you have tried to respond to me re: my post on fast-evolving molecular
markers for intracellular bacteria, I have not received your reply. My
new address should now be above, if you would like to try again.
(dstothar at mdep.iupui.edu)

Thanks,
Diane

My original post was along the lines of:

I am looking for a fast-evolving molecular marker to use in the study of
population structure between strains of an obligate intracellular
prokaryote.  I have tried a surface antigen and it is not fast enough.
I thought about the 16S-23S intergenic spacer, but I was not sure if it
would be any faster. RAPDs are out of the question due to host-cell
contamination. If you have any suggestions, please contact me directly.

Thanks