Time to change the newsgroup name?

Marc Robinson robinson at misa.univ-lyon1.fr
Fri May 2 06:13:03 EST 1997

In article <5ka7c7$qcg at nntp3.u.washington.edu>, joe at evolution.genetics.washington.edu (Joe Felsenstein) writes:
>[...]
>I do not have time to be the moderator.  Do we have a volunteer?  When we do,
>we can get the process started.[...]

There are newsgroups which have several moderators, and messages are
randomly dispatched between them. This system allows :
- dividing work
- the newsgroup to go on if one of them is away, sick, has a system
  crash-down, etc.

If this could be implemented, then it may be easier to find _volunteers_
than _a volunteer_. Of course the exact moderation chart would remain
to be defined, apart from the obvious "no creation".

BTW, I beleive changing the group name is not a solution, because
those truly interested in molecular evolution would not recognize
the group either.

Marc
Marc Robinson
UMR CNRS 5558 "Biometrie, Genetique, et Biologie des Populations"
Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1
43, boulevard du 11 novembre 1918
69622 Villeurbanne cedex
France
tel : +33 4 72 44 80 00 - poste 42 59
fax : +33 4 78 89 27 19
e-mail : robinson at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr

La liberte ne s'use que quand on ne s'en sert pas.