Time to change the newsgroup name?

James McInerney J.McInerney at nhm.ac.uk
Fri May 2 05:40:40 EST 1997

O.K., we seem to have a certain amount of movement on this issue.  I
have had about 10 private emails, in addition to the postings to the
newsgroup.  There is a mood for change (perhaps that is what happened to
the conservative party in the british general election)!

I am soliciting more emails (please send them to my private mailing
address) on your opinions.  The sampling is quite low at the moment, but
unanimously in favour of change, whether moderation or a name change.

So far, nobody has said that things should stay as they are now.  The
reason for this is either because those people don't think that this is
a real issue, or because those people don't exist (i.e., we are
unanimous).

I shall wait until the middle of next week and then post the results.

James

=========
James O. McInerney               email: J.mcinerney at nhm.ac.uk
Senior Scientific Officer,       phone: +44 171 938 9247
Department of Zoology,           Fax:   +44 171 938 9158
The Natural History Museum,
Cromwell Road,
London SW7 5BD.
=========