Clados

Roald Forsberg roald at mi.aau.dk
Wed May 14 02:57:21 EST 1997

Paterson, Adrian Mark wrote:

> Hi
>
> Does anybody know about a program called Clados?  I have seen this word used
> with Hennig86 and assume that it is an add-on for Hennig86.  Am I right or is
> it a complete phylogenetic program?  Does anybody know where it might be found?

Quoting from Felsensteins list of phylogeny software:
(http://evolution.genetics.washington.edu/phylip/software.pars.html#ClaDOS)

"ClaDOS, an interactive program which allows rearrangement of trees and
their
evaluation, mapping of characters into them, and more, is available for
DOS systems
from Kevin Nixon, L. H. Bailey Hortorium, Cornell University, 467 Mann
Library,
Ithaca, New York 14853. Rumor has it that the cost is in the vicinity of
$55 US. "

I think that MacClade might contain similar features but don't know for
sure.
--
Roald Forsberg
Department of Genetics and Ecology