Time of divergence of prokaryotes

Arlin Stoltzfus arlin at is.dal.ca
Fri May 16 19:19:24 EST 1997

Arlin Stoltzfus wrote:
> Martijn Huynen wrote:
> >
> > Hi, I am looking for references that give the estimated "time of
> > divergence"  of the presently completely sequenced (and publicly

> I was very impressed with the computer model of RNA evolution
> described in your PNAS paper of last year as well as in a more
> recent paper.  Some of us here are trying in much less sophisticated
> ways to wrestle with the relationship between neutral evolution
> and biological complexity.  Soon I will be submitting a manuscript
> about the possibility of constructive neutral evolution, a draft
> of which is available at my web site:
>   http://is.dal.ca/~arlin/cne

Sorry folks, I didn't intend for this to be posted.  It was
supposed to be a private mail message but I pressed the wrong
button on my browser.  You won't be able to see the pre-
submission manuscript mentioned above, because I changed
the URL to keep it private.

However, I have already received some mail about
this so if people are *really* interested in constructive
neutral evolution, I can explain the basic concepts and
give some likely examples from molecular evolution.

Arlin Stoltzfus, Ph.D.
Department of Biochemistry
Dalhousie University
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 4H7 CANADA