Comparing phylogenetic trees.

Allen Rodrigo rodrigo at u.washington.edu
Fri Nov 14 20:12:17 EST 1997

Hello

Berend Snel wrote in message <64fg7g$ioc at net.bio.net>...
- snip -
>(ii) Are there any other methods/programs available for comparing trees,
>which use more information (for example bootstrap values) and/or offer
>other ways to reconcile the trees (e.g. in terms of horizontal transfer).

Rodrigo et al. (1993; New Zealand Journal of Botany 31:257-268) described a
randomization procedure for testing whether two topologies are sample
estimates of the same parametric tree.  The method has been reviewed a
number of times, most recently by Cliff Cunningham in MBE (I think June
1997), and Francois Lutzoni (Sept 1997 issue of Systematic Biology).

Hope this helps.  Cheers

Allen Rodrigo