HELP NEEDED

ritu mukherjee ritu281 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 29 09:49:16 EST 1997

Dear Netizens,
I need help from an expert of computer programs dealing with the dna and
protein sequence analysis. I want to know about the computer program to
design primers for RAP-PCR. The journal article which I am referring to
does not provide me enough information about this. It says:

"We describe an improved method which combines features of both RAP PCR
and differential display. This method starts with cDNA synthesis primed
by a single oligo(dT) primer, followed by PCR amplification with
combination of long arbitrary primers(25mer) and lock docking oligo (dT)
primers (29mer).
The sequences of first 9 nucleotides (from the 3'end) of the arbitrary
primers corresponds to the most common sequence motifs found in
mammalian mRNAs. These sequences were obtained by computer analysis of
the coding region of over 200 mammalian mRNAs."

I also want to find out the most common sequence motifs from the plant
mRNAs to design the same kind of primers for RAP PCR. Please suggest how
to do that and please give information about the availability of the
program to perform the task. Your help will go a long way in furthering
my research.My email address is ritu at hotmail.com
Thanx a lot.
Bye for now
Ritu