Evolution and Environmentalism

Dylan NICHOLSON dnich at cat.cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Sep 2 20:56:47 EST 1997

<big snip, read the thread from the beginning!>

I still feel you are working on the assumption that species also need
other species to survive. Presently this is certainly true. But it is
also certainly true that humans HAVE A CAPACITY to great all their own
food and shelter without the need for other species. Currently we do not
because it is more efficient to let other species do it for us, but as I
keep emphasing, our genes have evolved because of their capacity to survive
MOSTLY AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHERS. Thus it is hard to see why they should not
encourage us to keep surviving at the expense of others. If we don't want
this then we have to actively go against our genetic programming.

Dylan
..yes I *do* know how to write signature files, but I just can't be
bothered really...