Evolution and Environmentalism

Joe Felsenstein joe at evolution.genetics.washington.edu
Fri Sep 5 12:54:35 EST 1997

In article <340F96E9.A8371FE7 at vt.edu>, Kermit Duncan  <jodunca2 at vt.edu> wrote:

>> So explain to me why human behaviour is not 'nature doing it's thing'? Are
>> we not part of nature?
>>

>About 10000 years ago, along with the agricultural revolution, some humans in
>various places around the world got it in their heads that the world belonged to

Which raises the natural point:

What happened to the plan to moderate this group?  Surely all this
discussion of environmentalism would not have been allowed had it been
moderated, as it is clearly off-topic (anyway we're only one of the
distant outposts of massive crossposting).

Jerry?  James?  What goes?

--
Joe Felsenstein         joe at genetics.washington.edu     (IP No. 128.95.12.41)