Hotel humbug - reuse your towels.

ghashly at bigfoot.com ghashly at bigfoot.com
Wed Sep 17 08:12:24 EST 1997

I am annoyed by hotels that have notices in the bathroom that
ask you to help the environment by reusing towels. Some go to
great lengths to explain how much waste is generated by washing
towels. It is clear to me that the hotels wish to save money
by not washing the towels - there is no mention of other wasteful
practices that hotels engage in. This is humbug!

If the Hotel provided a token every time that the housemaid
didn't take towels to be washed and this could be exchanged
for a discount, then I would believe that they truly care about
the environment.

Ghashly