Hotel humbug - reuse your towels.

ghashly at bigfoot.com ghashly at bigfoot.com
Fri Sep 19 03:21:23 EST 1997

In article <5vr5qh$645$1 at main.freenet.hamilton.on.ca>,
  af329 at freenet.hamilton.on.ca (Scott Nudds) wrote:

> ghashly at bigfoot.com wrote:
> : I am annoyed by hotels that have notices in the bathroom that
> : ask you to help the environment by reusing towels. Some go to
> : great lengths to explain how much waste is generated by washing
> : towels. It is clear to me that the hotels wish to save money
> : by not washing the towels - there is no mention of other wasteful
> : practices that hotels engage in. This is humbug!
>
>   Isn't it amazing how petty some people are?

I couldn't agree more! You would have thought that these hoteliers
would have better things to do with their time - like mending the
air-conditioning, finding ways to reuse the bits of soap or growing
vegetables with the hotel sewage. No, all they can come up with
is annoying stuff about towels.
Ghashly