Help! Evolution/phylogeny JOURNALS!

bhupesh at lion.imtech.ernet.in bhupesh at lion.imtech.ernet.in
Thu Apr 16 12:54:23 EST 1998

HI TO ALL!

   Friends! We have recently done a totally computational analysis on some pathogenic organisms by analyzing their available protein and gene sequences.  This strategy has also helped us to evolve an idea as to how
This strategy has also helped us to evolve an idea as to how some closely related pathogenic organisms may have evolved from each other.
But unfortunately, we are not quite sure as to which journals accept molecular genomics papers or those involving completely theoretical and computational work.
Although, we plan to consider the (1)Journal of Molecular Evolution, (2)Evolution, (3)Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution and (4) Nucleic Acids Research; none of these journals are available in our in nearby libraries.
     We shall, hence, greatly appreciate if anyone could suggest some journals for this kind of work.  Web sites or net addresses for the suggested journals and the above journals (esp. Molecular Biology and Evolution) shall also be very much appreciated.
                                     Bhupesh.
                                  Bhupesh Taneja,
                                  Institute of Microbial TEchnology,
                                  Sector 39-A, Chandigarh, INDIA.