Topics of Molecular Evolution

Alejandro Mujica alejo at ciens.ula.ve
Mon Apr 20 13:48:32 EST 1998

Dear netters:

I=B4d like to receive your advise on basic Molecular Evoution topics.
We're starting a study/lecture group betwen some teachers, grad.
students and pre-grad. students with few experience on this matter.=20
I chose this sequence of themes and I like to know your opinion=20
on both the order (and even the pertinence of the books)

*Phylogenetic Inference. Chpt 11 Hillis et al, Molecular Systematics.=20
*Population Genetics. Chpt 26 Suzuki et al, Principles of Genetic Analysis.=
=20
*Dynamics of Genes in Populations. Chpt 2 Li, Molecular Evolution
*Evolutionary Change in Nucleotide Sequences. Chpt 3 Li's
*Estimating the Number of Nucleotide Substitutions Between Sequences.=20
  Chpt 4 Li's
*Molecular Phylogenetics. Methods. Chpt 5 Li's
*Phylogeny Construction. Chpt 8 Genetic data Analysis. Weir

Any other recomendation on basic reading that I=B4m missing will be very
much appretiated.

Thanks a lot beforehand.

=09=09alejo

      -Alejandro Mujica
      -Universidad de Los Andes -- Corporaci=F3n Parque Tecnol=F3gico de M=
=E9rida
      -Centro de C=E1lculo Cient=EDfico -(58 74) 524192 / 525815
      -HACER - ULA   -(58 74) 527198 / 528808
      -MERIDA - VENEZUELA
      -
      -e-mail: alejo at ciens.ula.ve