detecting heterozygotes

Karen Stone ftkds at aurora.alaska.edu
Wed Apr 22 16:34:12 EST 1998

I am looking for suggestions of methods to use to detect heterozygotes.  I
have sequenced a nuclear exon using a Perkin-Elmer automated DNA
sequencer (using dye-labeled terminator chemistry as opposed to
dye-labeled primer chemistry) and have found one position which appears to
be heterozygous. Because the peaks in the electropherograms are not
directly on top of one another and there is some noise, I am looking for
alternative methods for detecting heterozygotes (such as DGGE and SSCP).
Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.
Sincerely, Karen Stone
	ftkds at aurora.alaska.edu