Post-IPCR?

Victoria M Blanc vmb at biology.lsa.umich.edu
Mon Apr 27 13:35:02 EST 1998

Hello all,

I am identifying fitness enhancing mutations in yeast due to
Ty1 (retroposon) insertions.  Up until now I have been using inverse PCR
as a method to identify the unknown sequences flanking the Ty, but I think
that I have maxed out this method.  Does anyone have an alternative method
to identify the unknown sequences adjacent to a known sequence?
I have also tried "vectorette PCR", with only limited success.
Thanks,
Victoria Blanc
Victoria M. Blanc
University of Michigan		Phone: (313) 764-8500
Department of Biology		Fax:   (313) 647-0884
830 North University		vmb at umich.edu
Ann Arbor MI 48109