variable sites

Claudio Slamovits claudio at bg.fcen.uba.ar
Thu Aug 20 11:52:41 EST 1998

I'm working on a phylogenetic analysis using a DNA sequence that show
different bases in some positions for the same taxon. I use the standard
IUPAC code for the ambiguities in those positions (Y, R, W, etc) but in most
cases there is a base more represented than the others (e.g. for Y, C
appears more than T). I'd like to take advantage of this "extra" information
in the analysis but I don't know how to manage it.
I'd appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

Claudio Slamovits
email: claudio at bg.fcen.uba.ar
Laboratorio de Fisiologia y Biologia Molecular
Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales
Universidad de Buenos Aires
Te: 541 788-6954
Fax: 541 780-2788