Primitive Multicellular Evolution?

Mon Aug 24 18:14:07 EST 1998

Could suggest Section 5.05 The Ciliate Origin of Multicellular Organisms of
my forthcoming book:

Gordon, R. (1998). The Hierarchical Genome and Differentiation Waves: Novel
Unification of Development, Genetics and Evolution. Singapore: World
Scientific.
http://www.wspc.com.sg/books/lifesci/2755.html
http://www.maritimes.dfo.ca/science/mesd/he/science/cstb/papers/genome.html

>I would like to know what field of biology focuses on the science of
>primitive multi-cellular life forms.  Specifically, the stage at which
>cells were cooperatively binding, specializing, and competing for
>resources, but prior to their collective reproduction as a species.
>
>Further, would this same field also delve into the details of
>reproductive technology evolution.  I am interested in learning about
>the very earliest multi-cellular biological stages leading toward
>species specific reproduction.  In other words, the primitive societies
>of cellular life traceable in time to their successful destiny as mature
>species.
>
>Also, can anyone recommend a good book or reference on this subject?
>
>Interested layman

Dr. Richard Gordon, Department of Radiology
President, Canadian Society for Theoretical Biology
University of Manitoba, Health Sciences Centre, Room GA248
820 Sherbrook Street, Winnipeg, MB R3A 1R9 Canada
Phone: (204) 789-3828,  Fax: (204) 787-2080, Home: (204) 589-0411
E-mail: GordonR at cc.UManitoba.ca