Registration reminder

Rania Horaitis horaitis at ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Aug 31 10:10:49 EST 1998

Here is a reminder to those who have not yet registered. This is a group
email so  you may have registered. Some confirmed speakers are listed below.

Hugo Mutation Database Initiative
5th International Meeting
Denver, Colorado, USA, 1998

This meeting will be held the day before the Denver meeting of the American
Society of Human Genetics-

TIME:			8.00am-7.00pm
DATE:			27th October 1998
VENUE:		Denver Marriot City Centre, Denver Ballroom I/II/III
REGISTRATION:	Academic & Non-Commercial registrants-US$85
			Commercial registrants:-US$150
			Lunch is included.
ORGANISERS:	R. Horaitis, R.G.H. Cotton (Australia)
REGISTRATION:	Fill in attached form and return. If you cannot open
attachment, form 			is available on our website.
			Contact R. Horaitis
				Email:	  horaitis at ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au
				Fax:   61-3-9288-2988
WEBSITE:		http://ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au:80/~cotton/mut_database.htm

In association with the annual meeting of the ASHG (American Society of
Human Genetics), the HUGO Mutation Database Initiative is hosting its 5th
International Meeting in Denver on the 27th October, 1998. The initiative
aims to co-ordinate the collection and distribution of accurate information
via the www. In earlier meetings the emphasis was on identifying the issues
and hearing of new projects and proposals. Lately, with the two meetings
per year and with the ease of electronic publication a one day meeting
appears appropriate with talks mainly being working group reports. Some
talks however will be invited. It is expected that registrants will take
the opportunity to present new databases or ideas as posters. Talks may be
invited from these. Anyone interested in this worldwide Initiative is
invited to attend. We are charging a registration fee to offset costs and
lunch will be included. If you are interested in participating, please fill
in the registration form available on our website (address above) as soon
as possible for organisational reasons.

Poster entries are to submit abstracts as soon as possible.

Sponsorship is invited from those companies interested in mutation databases.

Reports from Working Groups-

*confirmed speaker

    Nomenclature				Stylianos Antonarakis
*  Content & Software			Charles Scriver
*  HGMD					Michael Krawczak
*  EBI						Heikki Lehvaslaiho
*  NCBI					Steve Sherry
    OMIM					Victor McKusick
*  Alliance					Dick Cotton
*  Copyright & Intellectual Property	Doug Wallace or Michael Brown
*  SNP/Polymorphism			Pui-Yan Kwok or Michael Brown
    National & Ethnic databases		?
*  Patient aspects of databases		Sue Mize or Chester Whitley
*  Quality control and Peer review	Dick Cotton
*  Spectral databases.			Tina Hernandez

Scientific Presentations-Oral:

*  P.S.Harper		"The Frequency of Inherited disease database"
*  C. Beroud			"Universal Mutation Database"
*  R. Hardison		"Human Haemoglobin variants"

Scientific Presentations-Oral and Poster.

To be confirmed

Proposals & Plans-Ratification Meeting.

***

TO REGISTER:	 http://ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au:80/~cotton/register.htm