DNA Question

Tue Dec 8 11:38:32 EST 1998

>Is it possible for two organisms of different species to have the same DNA?

Well, yes, if:

Williamson, D.I. (1992). Larvae and Evolution: Toward a New Zoology. New
York: Chapman & Hall.

is right that some organisms, like tunicates, have concatenated genomes,
one for the larval stage, and one for the adult, coming from different
phyla. Further discussion in my forthcoming book, The Hierarchical Genome
(http://www.wspc.com.sg/books/lifesci/2755.html).
Dr. Richard Gordon, Department of Radiology
University of Manitoba, Health Sciences Centre
820 Sherbrook Street, Winnipeg, MB R3A 1R9 Canada

Phone: (204) 789-3828,  Fax: (204) 787-2080,  E-mail: GordonR at cc.UManitoba.ca