references

Jerry Learn learn at u.washington.edu
Wed Feb 18 12:30:41 EST 1998

In article <6cf14d$rof at net.bio.net>, Martin Cann <mjcann at med.cornell.edu> wrote:

> Could anyone please recommmend a good introductory reference to rooting
> trees, the relative advantages/disadvantages of various tree building
> methods, and the analysis of trees.
>
> I can use PHYLIP quite happily but would like to have a rudimentary
> theoretical basis on which I can draw some conclusions and pose new
> hypotheses.

Martin,

I often recommend Molecular Systematics by Hillis, Moritz and Mable
published by Sinauer Associates
<http://www.sinauer.com/system.shtml#Hillis>.  I think that it would be a
good start.

Jerry Learn

Research Associate

Health Sci. Ctr., Rm. K443-C      |
Dept. of Microbiology             | Learn at u.washington.edu
University of Washington          | Phone: (206) 616-4286
Box 357740                        |   FAX: (206) 616-1575
Seattle, WA  98195-7740  USA      |