table about amino acid homologies

Dr. Andrew Bahn bahn at
Tue Feb 24 15:15:27 EST 1998

Does anyone know of a table about amino acid homologies? What I like to
know is: if I find an amino acid exchange in the alignment of two proteins
from two different species, what does this exchange tell me about a change
in the protein structure or function. Or in other words: are some amino
acids homologous to each other concerning the properties of the amino acids?

Dr. Andrew Bahn
Institut of Physiology and Pathophysiology
University of Goettingen, Humboldtallee 23, D-37073 Goettingen
e-mail	: bahn at
phone	: +49-551-395894; FAX	: +49-551-395883