Distance Training in the Biosciences, a 5-minute Questionaire

Georg Fuellen fuellen at REMOVE.THIS.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Jan 12 18:19:57 EST 1998

(apologies for crossposting)

Dear Madam or Sir,

Biology and medicine as of today demand more and more skills
in Bioinformatics. Since University curricula do not yet
satisfy this need, a group of Bioinformatics researchers at
the University of Bielefeld plans to establish a training
program filling this gap.

The planned courses consist of modules designed and conducted
by distinguished researchers and lecturers. Each module covers
a special topic and spans one month, each week including 4
hours self-study of hypertext material and 2 hours discussion
with a lecturer in a 'virtual classroom' or in your company or
academic institution.

We would like to ask you to complete the questionnaire at

http://oleander.TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE:8080/cgi-bin/e2

to help us evaluate the actual demand.

Thank you for your help !

Yours faithfully,
The DisTrain planning commitee.

Christian Bueschking
Georg Fuellen
Chris Schleiermacher
Alexander Sczyrba
Prof. Robert Giegerich (academic advisor)

========
P.S. We hope to sustain our free offerings (on an entry level, like the
VSNS Biocomputing Courses we did in 1995 and 1996, see
http://www.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de/bcd/welcome.html) by offering more
advanced courses for a fee. If you're interested in future offerings,
please visit http://www.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de/bcd/plans.html.