announcement

root jpz at ipsnet.it
Thu Jan 29 17:14:51 EST 1998

FOURTH EUROPEAN MEETING OF Ph.D STUDENTS IN EVOLUTIONARY BIOLOGY
Herakleion , Crete, Greece,  1-3 April 1998

We invite you to the Fourth European Meeting of Ph.D students in
Evolutionary Biology, which will be held in Herakleion (Crete), Greece.
This
Meeting is organized by Ph.D students and is open to Ph.D students only.
Based on the success of the three previous meetings (Zurich, March 1995;
Amsterdam, March 1996; Barcelona, February 1997), we intend to bring
together postgraduate students from different fields of Evolutionary
Biology, in order to present their work, to discuss on current topics of
Evolution, to exchange ideas and share experiences. Especially are
encouraged to participate those who have little or no experience at
presenting their work in front of an international audience.
The program consists of oral presentations (15 minutes each), poster
sessions and round tables. The official language of the meeting will be
English. The meeting will also feature a lively social program that will
offer opportunities for informal exchanges of ideas.
The meeting will be low budget and there are no registration fees.
Relatively low cost accommodation will be available in Youth Hostels and
Hotels in Herakleion. Additionally, we will try to provide private
housing
as much as possible.

If you are interested in participating the Meeting, please fill the
following application and send it back to  "keras at bioserv.imbb.forth.gr"
with the subject  "Meeting". The deadline for applications and for
Abstracts
will be the 31st of  January 1998.

Yours sincerely

The organizing committee of the IVth European Meeting of Ph.D students
in
Evolutionary Biology

P.S: It would be very helpful if you could inform us as soon as possible
whether you plan to participate

Application form
 for the IVth European Meeting of Ph.D students in Evolutionary Biology

Name:

Address:

Zipcode, city:

Country:

E-mail:

FAX:

Title of the talk:

Abstract:

Would you prefer to stay in: (Youth Hostel/Hotel  or  Private Housing)