Frequency/distribution of nucleotides/amino acids before selection

Dr.Ram Samudrala ram.samudrala at stanford.nojunkemail
Thu Nov 5 23:58:17 EST 1998

Donald R. Forsdyke <forsdyke at> wrote:

>> But I am referring to cases where the DNA and
>> the corresponding transcript (not necessarily the translated product)
>> is under no selective pressure in nature.

>Sorry, assumption not accepted.

So you are asserting that ALL regions of DNA are under selective
pressure the same way a normal gene is?

email at urls  || ||
 Of course, the denotation of this usage [of stealing] is straight from
 the dictionary: "to appropriate (as another's conception or invention)
 and use as one's own."         --Andrew Greenberg in