Frequency/distribution of nucleotides/amino acids before selection

Dr.Ram Samudrala ram.samudrala at stanford.nojunkemail
Wed Oct 21 12:53:14 EST 1998

Have there been any estimates published on the frequency/distribution
of nucleotides/amino acids in DNA/protein sequences PRIOR to
selection, i.e., before selection kicks in? I can get the frequencies
of amino acids in known protein sequences, but these proteins have
generally arisen through natural selection.

--Ram

email at urls  ||  http://www.ram.org  ||  http://www.twisted-helices.com/th
  Instead of inanely repeating the old formula "respect the law," we say,
   "Despise law and all its attributes!"  In place of the cowardly phrase
"Obey the law," our cry is "Revolt against all laws!"   --Peter Kropotkin