Program for aligning coding sequences?

Greg Singer s866370 at aix2.uottawa.ca
Mon Oct 26 11:14:36 EST 1998

f.schaap (F.Schaap at FYS.UNIMAAS.NL) wrote:
>Does anyone know of an alignment program which takes into account the fact
>that the input file contains protein-encoding nucleotide sequences? In other
>words some programs where the nucleotide alignment is guided by the amino
>acid alignment (nucleotide gaps are inserted in multiples of three etc.).

  Unfortunately, it seems as if most people do the alignment on the amino
acid sequence, then insert the appropriate gaps by hand later. Needless
to say, this is highly tedious. Therefore, I wrote a short Python script
to do it for you. Because most people don't have Python on their
computers, I've compiled it to an executable that can be run on Windows
95 or Windows NT. E-mail me if you'd like me to send you a copy.

	- Greg Singer