Randomisation software

James McInerney james.o.mcinerney at may.ie
Thu Aug 5 11:21:38 EST 1999

Dear all,

I am looking for a program that takes a dataset and randomises it within
characters (in the same way that you might do for a PTP test).  I just
want to feed in a dataset and produce 100-1000 datasets that have been
randomised within columns.  I know it is an easy one to program, but I
sort-of need it yesterday.

It doesn't have to be fancy and need options like ingroup/outgroup
selection or anything like that.

Note:  This is not for the PTP test exactly, just something similar.   I
know PAUP* among others do the PTP test.

Kindest regards,

             Dr. James O. McInerney,
Dept. Biology,                       Dept. Zoology,
Natl. Univ. Ireland,                 The Natural History Museum,
Maynooth,                  and       Cromwell road,
Co. Kildare, Ireland                 London SW7 5BD, UK.
Phone +353 1 708 3860                +44 171 938 9163
Fax   +353 1 708 3845                +44 171 938 9158
email james.o.mcinerney at may.ie       j.mcinerney at nhm.ac.uk