Bacterial replication

James O. McInerney james.o.mcinerney at
Tue Feb 16 11:09:41 EST 1999

Dear all,

A quick question.  Is bacterial replication always a bidirectional
process?  Are there known examples where it is unidirectional?  I'm not
talking about viruses, just prokaryotes...or even eukaryotes, now that I
think about it.

Sorry, its been a while since I took basic genetics and I'm a bit rusty.

             Dr. James O. McInerney,
Dept. Biology,                       Dept. Zoology,
Natl. Univ. Ireland,                 The Natural History Museum,
Maynooth,                  and       Cromwell road,
Co. Kildare, Ireland                 London SW7 5BD, UK.
Phone +353 1 708 3860                +44 171 938 9163
Fax   +353 1 708 3845                +44 171 938 9158
email james.o.mcinerney at       j.mcinerney at