basic question

Fri Feb 19 17:45:24 EST 1999

>In article <7aeppq$kto at net.bio.net>,
>  "SH at OLIN©" <W.J.Koning at chem.uu.nl> wrote:
>>> "What processes make DNA MORE complicated?"
I would be interested in any speculation that anyone (especially Dick and Ed)
have on what processes might be involved.

Guy

Okay, I'll try to summarize my 1800p. book in a few sentences:

1) The genetic program consists of an hierarchical alternation of physical
waves traversing portions of embryonic tissues and the gene cascades they
set off.

2) The genetic program thus may be described as a differentiation tree.

3) The differentiation tree maps onto the linear genome (the DNA).

4) Chromosome rearrangements (including sizable duplications) can sometime
produce viable organisms, still capable of finding a mate, with more
complex differentiation trees.

5) It is, perhaps for various reasons, easier (more usually viable) to
enlarge a differentiation tree than prune it.

6) Some differentiation tree lineages therefore have more and more complex
differentiuation trees = progressive evolution. QED
Yours, -Dick Gordon

Dr. Richard Gordon, Radiology, U. Manitoba, HSC, 820 Sherbrook Street,
Winnipeg R3A 1R9 Canada, Phone: 204-789-3828/The Hierarchical Genome &
Differentiation Waves: Novel Unification of Development, Genetics &
Evolution: http://www.wspc.com.sg/books/lifesci/2755.html